Floods can happen anywhere it rains.
Earthquakes can happen at any time.
- Buy Flood insurance- Typically, it takes 30 days for a new flood insurance policy to take effect. So get it now.
- Take Inventory– Thoroughly document your belongings to support any insurance claims. Visit https://www.knowyourstuff.org/iii/login.html for more information.
- Write Down Important Information – have a list of important information and put it in a secure location. Items to include would be:
- Important Telephone Numbers
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of your insurance agents, including policy numbers.
- Telephone numbers of electric, gas, and water companies.
- Names and phone numbers of your neighbors
- Name and telephone number of your landlord or property manager
- Important medical information for you and your family, such as allergies, medications, etc.
- Vehicle identification number for each of your vehicles, boats, etc.
- Financial account information – phone, account numbers.
- Birth Certificates
- Ownership Certificates
- Social Security Cards
- Insurance Policies